So I have been reading on a few other blogs about struggling for motivation, well we have all been there, otherwise I would have never got to a size 22 and 18.5 stone at my largest.
Things seem to be going pretty well at the moment and I do *shock horror* enjoy going to the gym, but what motivates me? why do I want to do this? So I decided to come up with my top 10 reasons.
- Because I want to see what my body (and mind) can achieve – Okay so this is the big one, this is for me to really find out who I am and what drives me and what I can REALLY look and feel like when I start taking care of myself and my body, I am getting older and this is the prime time to be able to look my best, I just want to see what that is.
- Because I secretly want to be Lara Croft – This is a weird one, I know she’s not real and who wants to be an odd CGI character, I just like some of what she stands for, shes strong, independent, driven, doesn’t give up and doesn’t put up with any crap. Plus she looks great in hot pants.
- To see if I can wear a bikini and feel okay – So I have NEVER worn a bikini, the idea of a beach holiday in one terrifies me, at 16 I got my closeset board shorts and a bikini top. For me this would be a huge achievement
- To wear those cute shorts and not worry about thigh chafe – You know those shorts, the cute little cargo ones, teamed with flip flops, messy hair and a vest top for me it screams summer, however that the moment it screams cellulite and chafage, what I wouldn’t do to wear a pair of those….
- For the ‘holy shit you got hot’ – Shallow but true, school was okay for me but I remember at 14 being called thunder thighs by one of the other kids, now that was painful. It isn’t about the getting hot, as I will never see those people again, it’s the meaning behind it, it’s the ‘wow you’ve really put time and effort into looking after yourself’.
- To be the hot ex – Of all the relationships I have had, I have had two which were long term and destructive, one that never made me feel like I was good enough to even be with, and the other where they were so passive that I felt completely alone isolated, unattractive and unwanted. Now they both live opposite ends of the country and I have no contact with either, but for me this is for me to know I was, and am, good enough.
- To get that glow – the clear skin, the messy shiny hair, the long nails and just a body that screams nourished!
- To be the annoying one that enjoys the gym – I’ve always been envious of those girls that love their fitness wear more than anything and for them the gym is their escape, I want to prove to myself that that isn’t an elitist cult, I can be them too.
- So I can wear a crop top while running – Oh the dream of a flat stomach, please see no.3 for more information
- For all the clothes I have that don’t currently fit! – I love the casual active lifestyle and what to wear what matches it, just to be able to find a pair of nice boardshorts in my size would be a dream come true!